Tuesday, September 02, 2008

life can seem like a treadmill....

Do you ever get that feeling that each day is like being on a treadmill, lots of work, and not a lot of going anywhere? Here is the thing....I need, crave, excitement, movement, the general day to day of life has always been something for me to push through, kind of like that treadmill. For those of you that work in the service industry the analogy to being busy, things fall in to place, I thrive, when it is slow my brain doesn't work as well and I forget more things. You might think that is not the case, but with more things to pay attention to less things are forgotten, make sense? Probably not...I don't really know what I am trying to say or the real point I am trying to convey, but I found the need to write, to attempt to express how my brain works, inviting you along on my journey.....
I have been trying to move in to my new apt, and it is such a pain to look at all the stuff you have, do I really need all this stuff? How much of it do I really need, or am I going to use? I just carry it from place to place, I try to keep thinning it down, pairing it down to the bare essentials, thinking, all glassy eyed if I could use only what I could carry with me that life would be better, simplify they say, have any of you really tired....how much of your stuff do you really need in your day to day life, how much of your clothing do you really wear? how may coat hangers does one couple need...space...how many pint glasses? growlers? books? I forget what all of this has to do with a treadmill....but somewhere in all this if you look closely you might find it and when you do, let me know.....I had a great "other things/lessons learned in my 5 day sswc vacation, but that will have to wait.....
All in all I wake up unpack, go to work, get slammed, have a few beers to unwind, sleep, get up eat, go to work, come home, have a few beers, unpack.....my bad habit of taking on too much and then wondering why I feel overwhelmed but at the same time, not being able to say no, to not take that new job, not stay out late, not move....it will all make sense later on when I can gleam what life is trying to teach me...maybe if I learn to slow down enough I will be able to gleam those little lessons, simplify, less is more, and all those enlightened things we say to make it all make sense....well thanks for reading my rant, my very disorganized rant about who really knows what, a brain dump so to speak...as always keep pedaling...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nat,

I too find it is easier for me to stay focused and functioning when I have more to do and not less. That is unless I am at rest and able to do whatever I want in my own sequence and time. Keep continuing on and then give yourself some down time to digest it all. What happened with that job interview??

Love, Mom